Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Prison Art Project Coming Along!

I mentioned in my last post that I had begun putting together a new project: The Prison Art Project.

Here's a brief update. I have acquired almost 300 incredible Prison Art works. What I've done is get in contact with prisoners, mostly in the US. I have explained my project, letting them know that I would like to offer their artwork for sale online, and that they would receive money for anything that is sold.

They are given the option of having me send money into their prison commissary account, or to relatives/friends on the "outside" - some prisoners aren't allowed commissary accounts, and some have restitution judgements that automatically take any money they receive.

I am hoping to get The Prison Art Project up online over the next few weeks.

The address is: http://www.prisonartproject.org

Let me know what you think!

No comments: